Saturday, May 14, 2016

Web Publishing

When I log into apple.com I notice that there is no longer any reference to Apple Inc.

I realize that Apple is a multinational corporation. However I am on the internet in the USA and there are many huge multinational tech corporations founded and located here.

It gives me pause to think that the legal articles of incorporation (Inc) in the United States is no longer a concern to the Web face of a big US corporation in the USA. Is this really the case?

For me this raises the issue of nation-state in a global business environment. If the nation-state were to lose its national commerce identity, to the domain name system of the internet for example, what becomes the location of  legal identity? Does the next issue become a location of identity for rule of law?

No comments:

Post a Comment